Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Emerald City Comic Con/Seattle


So maybe you were wondering what I was doing in Seattle a couple weeks ago.  A big
wedding?  Nope.  I was at the Emerald City Comic Con shooting loads of photos for an 
upcoming project Im working on with the wonderful Jeremy Haun.  Stay tuned for more 
info on what exactly this project is.  Ok.  So, i'm sure you think I have hit an all new level of 
dorky here right?  Well, sure.  I guess so.  Im super happy about it though.  I embrace my inner 
dork.  Seriously though, these things aren't just for all the nerds in the world.  In fact, there 
are so many people with all types of backgrounds that enjoy these conventions.  Yes, there are 
plenty of people dressed up in way too small costumes, but you know what there are just as many
families there with their children.  Grandmas.  Business men.  Hotties.  Celebrities.  And yes, 
your occasional nerd.   What I hope to show in these photos is every side of the cons we attend.  From
the creators set up to the tear down, the fans elation as they are handed a signed copy of 
their favorite comic, the little boy in awe, the little girl on her daddies shoulders....and no doubt
the many storm troopers bumpin' fists.  ;)  

Here are just a few of my favorites from ECCC this year.  I hope you enjoy and keep your 
eyes peeled for more throughout the year!!


Ok, so most of these are going to be B&W because there is just SO MUCH going on 
at these shows I feel all the colors are distracting sometimes.....and I love B&W so there!



pez galore!


I'd buy anything from that guy.


Artists hard at work.  They really really really put a lot into these shows and work their boot-aaaays off.


But it's all worth it i'm sure to see things like this. 



I loved watching this.  She was so excited about this comic and to show it off to her 
little guy.


Im not gonna lie...I got real tired by the last day too :)




my favorite.  


Hope you enjoyed and if you were there, thank you for making it memorable and welcoming.  
See you next stop!






2 comments:

  1. Great photos, Melodie! The second vertical one with the knight against the window is my absolute favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the storm troopers! You are soooo awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Show a little love...Thanks!

Blog Archive