Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Picher this

Lame title, I know.  But man, Picher Oklahoma is something else.  It was once the center of lead and zinc mining and was evacuated when it was discovered to have mines under the entire city that could at any moment cave in.  THEN, in 2008 an F5 tornado wiped out the town even further...bad luck Picher!  It is a land from the twilight zone.  Im not even kidding.  I felt like I was somewhere on another planet.  And I loved it.  This is the first of many trips I will be taking to this land.  There is so much to see...and what is nuts is there is so little there.  Here is some of what I was able to see in the hour before we saw Alice in Wonderland...which was pretty ok too.


Okay, so this was not in Picher, but it was from the day.  It is in Quapaw Oklahoma.

 





And this is an abandoned house we ran into.  It was a fun little place.  And there was a note.  There were little notes left on a lot of the houses, but this is the only one we really had time to go in.


"Fred, My dad is out at the house due to it is too cold in his house.  Thank you Mary Finn"


This was outside the house.  Bird cages everywhere.


The dogs.  The poor dogs were everywhere.  I want to help them.


The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show a little love...Thanks!

Blog Archive